[aesop_content color=”#ba414c” background=”#f2f2f2″ columns=”1″ position=”none” imgrepeat=”no-repeat” floaterposition=”left” floaterdirection=”up”]
Will This Be A problem is open to short story and essay submissions from writers from Africa and the African diaspora. We also accept reviews for African literature.
1. We do not make money from this site and so we do not as of yet pay for submissions, so keep that in mind.
2. We accept all genres for fiction. We are also flexible when it comes to essays but we would suggest that you
a) Take time to read through the blog and see what kind of thing we generally write.
b) Send an idea pitch first, though this is not strictly necessary.
3. The word count for fiction is 2000 – 6000 words and for Essays it is 1000 – 5000 words. We may consider submissions that fall outside of this word count for publication but these figures should give a general guideline for the range we’re looking for.
4. We will usually respond within a day or two but it would be best to give us up to 5 days for a response.
5. Send your submission as an attached word document. Do Not submit it as the body of the email.
6. Submissions should be in English, however, if available we will post translations into other languages.
7. It need not come with the original submission but we will require a name (pseudonyms are accepted) and a bio. You may also submit the link to your blog, twitter and/or facebook account and a photo. The option to post anonymously is also available.
8. If a claim is made in an essay we would prefer if you included a link with the source of the information or some other corroboration to assist us when we are fact checking.